Thursday, September 13, 2007

#14 - Best of Web 2.0

I went to the music category and chose last.fm. In some sense it's scary what they can do - tell me things I might like based on what I listen to or download from the site, but on the other hand it's great. There's no way to keep up with all the artists out there, so getting other people to help and recommend is a good way to discover new musicians I might like. Again, there is the choice to just do your own thing or join the group and interact online with other people. That increases my comfort level. There's a wealth of information on artists, bands, schedules, and albums as well as the option to read what everyone else likes and why.

I think this is a great idea for any group of people who have a common interest - libraries included. The information sharing is great. Especially in a business environment, it is probably a good idea to have some instruction on how to post because it is easy to get a lot of useless information.

No comments: